Jun 7, 2010

Tator Tot Casserole

Sometimes you just don't have time or the energy to cook a real dinner.

This casserole is super versatile - you can put just about anything you want in it and it still will be super yummy. We have added garlic, onions, dried minced onions, corn, beans, just about any vegetable, etc (the list could go on forever).


Here are the basic layers - feel free to "mix and match" with anything you have sitting around your kitchen





Bottom: Tator tots (you could also do some french fries or other potato) I noticed that if I lined the tots up in the bottom I can fit the same exact amount of tots as in a random pattern, so next time I'm not going to waste the time to line them up like I did here.



Next up: browned and drained Hamburger meat - this is the best place to add in the onions




Then: corn, beans, any vegetable. You could be like my momma and do half and half so the corn lovers and the bean lovers can each have their favorite! ( I didn't get a picture of this - sorry)

Top that off with some cream of chicken + sour cream mixture. If you want it more creamy and goopy add more, if you like it more dry - add less. Instead of cream of chicken I have used cream of mushroom and it is also amazing.

Finish it off with some grated cheese. I like cheddar or a mix of cheeses that I find in my fridge!

Enjoy!

Tator Tot Casserole

Ingredients:
1 bag tator tots (I use a little less)
1 lb hamburger meat, browned and drained
sprinkle of garlic salt
sprinkle of onion powder
2 cans vegetables (if using frozen make sure they are thawed) 
1 can cream of chicken (sub in cream of mushroom)
8 oz sour cream
1 c grated cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray or grease a 9x13 inch pan.
Layer a row of tator tots in the bottom.
Spread hamburger meat on top of tots, sprinkle spices on browned meat.
Layer vegetables next.
Mix cream of chicken and sour cream together and spread over vegetables.
Top with grated cheese.
Cover pan with tin foil, bake at 350 for 45 minutes until warm through.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails