Jun 25, 2010

How to Cut an Avocado

This all started when my sister made some guacamole when we were in college. I loved it so much I went to the store the next day to get some avocados when I realized I have no idea how to pick out a good avocado. So I called her at work and this is how the conversation went:

Chels - Thanks for calling Enterprise, this is Chelsea

Krys - How do I pick out an avocado

Chels - Squeeze it, it should be soft but not to soft. Make sure it is dark green, not light green

Krys - Thanks bye!

Chels - Bye.

I'm pretty sure the people in her office were SUPER confused! But, I ended up picking out some perfect avocados.

Continuing on with the story; I got home and realized how do I get the guacamole out? I chopped and slaughtered those avocados, two hours later I had my avocados ready for guacamole time. Since then I have learned:





1st:  Cut it in half the long way around. Twist the two halves apart.












2nd:  Hack your knife into the pit. Twist and it should come out, if your knife comes out hack harder!













3rd:  Make some slices in it, you can make long slices to go on a salad, or small slices each way to be mushed up into guacamole, or whatever you want! The possibilities are endless!




4th:  Run a spoon along the inside of the skin. It should come out nicely.




---OR---





5th: Fold the skin in half and squeeze all the yummy avocado out. If you don't care what the pieces look like this is the easiest and takes less dishes!


Enjoy with some yummy food!







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails