Jul 9, 2010

Lemon (or Chocolate) Lush




My mom used to make this for us when we were younger and it was always one of my favorite desserts! The original recipe calls for lemon pudding, but since none of us kids liked lemon, Mom always replaced it with chocolate pudding. The original recipe will make a 9x13 inch pan, but if there is only 2-3 of you eating it I would half the recipe to make an 8x8 inch pan.




First, you are going to make your crust

Ingredients:
-3/4 cup butter
-2 TBSP Sugar
-1 1/2 cup flour

Mix together and press in bottom of pan and bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool completely.





Second you are going to mix together:

-1 cup powdered sugar
-1 pint whipping cream (or 2 c cool whip)
-8 oz cream cheese softened

Whip the cream and mix together with cream cheese and powdered sugar. Pour over cooled crust and refrigerate.





Then top that off with:
-2 small packages Instant Pudding (I used chocolate but Lemon is in the original recipe)
-3 cups milk

Mix together and pour on top of cream layer. Top with whipping cream, chocolate shavings or sliced almonds. Refrigerate and serve.



ENJOY!


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yum....I'm craving it now, darn I wish I had butter!

Related Posts with Thumbnails