Jul 12, 2010

Taco Salad

Every Tuesday in our house we have "Taco Tuesday"...  we like to have tacos, chicken tacos, taco salad, fajitas, and sometime even enchiladas. (I know they aren't tacos, but we have to mix it up a little).  My favorite is taco salad.  I love adding all kinds of veggies to it to make it nice and healthy!  I know every one can easily make taco salad, and you don't really need a recipe, but I wanted to share some of the fun things I like to add on top!

I start with fritos because they are much easier to eat with a fork than regular tortilla chips.  Then add my hot stuff..... meat (ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning), black or pinto beans, and corn.  Then I add cheese so it can get all melty...


Next, I add all the cold stuff.... lettuce and veggies.  Here's what I like on mine:

lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, green peppers, carrots, cucumbers, and cilantro.


You can also add a dallop of sour cream...

Top it off with some dressing, salt and pepper and you are done!



Enjoy!!!  And get creative with your salads.  No more boring taco salad!
Have fun and be healthy while you are at it!




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails