Jun 22, 2010

7 Layer Dip (sort of)



Yummy 7 layer bean dip! OK, so maybe it's not really 7 layers, but I that's what every one calls it. 8 layer dip just doesn't sound as exciting!   I know there are a lot of versions of this, but this is my favorite way to make it.  It ALL gets eaten every time!  Just layer all the following in a 9 X 13 glass pan....


1.  One large or two small cans of refried beans mixed with a taco seasoning packet.























2.  Three large or four medium avocados mashed with salt and pepper. (or store bought guacamole)




3.  Medium sour cream





4.  About 1/2 jar of salsa
(I don't like too much since you will have tomatoes on top and a lot of salsa can make it runny)





5.  Shredded cheddar cheese





6.  Chopped up tomatoes - I only used one
(when making this, I will cut the tomato in half and then squeeze out the juice
and seeds before cutting. Again, it helps prevent it from getting too runny)




7.  Chopped up olives - I use about 1/2 the can




8.  Small handful of chopped up green onions
(or you can use a can of drained green chilis)





Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy!!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails