Jun 16, 2010

Potato Fries



I'll just tell you right up front, this recipe is nothing spectacular. It's just a simple easy way to make potatoes. Every time I make potatoes as a side dish, I always end up asking my husband, "do you want mashed or baked?" And we usually just alternate between the two. I got sick of that, so I found some fun new ways to make potatoes, and this is one of those!

I usually use 4 regular sized potatoes for the 2 of us and we usually have leftovers. I usually just bake them in a 9 X13 glass or metal pan, but when I make more, I bake them on a large cookie sheet so they can spread out and cook evenly.




Here's what you need:
Potatoes (usually 1 1/2 - 2 med per person)
Olive oil
Grill seasoning (I use Montreal Chicken)




Here's how you do it:
Wash and cut potatoes in wedges. I find that if I cut each potato in 12 slices they cook most
evenly. Lightly toss with Olive Oil. Not much is needed, you want just enough to help them crisp up, not make them mushy. The sprinkle with the grill seasoning. I like chicken kinds on potatoes, but I've also used hamburger seasoning and they were great. Bake them @ 425° for 25-30 minutes. I usually go 30 or more so they are more crispy like french fries. Toss them at the halfway point so they don't burn.

Then serve them up with a yummy bar-b-qued hamburger and you've got yourself a yummy summer dinner!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails