Jun 9, 2010

Parmesan Crusted Talipa

 Let me start by saying I hate fish. I hate the taste of fish, I hate the smell of fish, etc. Let me also say, if I could eat this for dinner every day I would!

Talipa is a fish that doesn't taste "fishy" and with the extra cheese and lemon on top it is even less "fishy" and more amazing!

This talipa is coated with a lemon and parmesan cheese mixture and broiled and cooked until done.


Serving Ideas:
-serve with seasoned rice (my favorite is Rice Pilaf)
-squeeze fresh lemon juice on the finished fish if you really enjoy the lemony taste
-make more than one per person if people are hungry
*Make sure your talipa is completely thawed before starting the recipe. Generally the talipa I find is in the frozen section and is individually wrapped fillets, which are perfect for this recipe. Salt and pepper each side of the fillet and place on a broiler pan. If you don't have a broiler pan you will need a very thick cookie sheet or pan.

Melt butter most of the way and let cool. There should be a few butter chunks in it. If you melt it too much like I did, put it in the freezer for about 3-5 minutes and it will be perfect. Add in parmesan cheese, lemon juice and a sprinkle of lemon pepper. stir until blended. It should be about as thick as instant pudding, you are going to spread it on the fish so you don't want it to be too thick or too runny.

Too thick - put in microwave for 10 seconds
Too thin - put in freezer for 3-5 minutes



Spread 1/4 of mixture of each fillet.

Put fish under broiler (look how cute they are laying out, getting baked).

Check on the fish every minute. You only need to cook it for 3-5 minutes if you have a hot oven.

Now - the fish should be golden brown on the top but may not be cooked all the way through. I generally turn the oven to 300 degrees, and put the fish down on the middle rack while the rest of my dinner is cooking. Leave it in there for about 10 more minutes until the fish is done in the middle.






Parmesan Crusted Talipa

Ingredients:
4 talipa fillets
3-4 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp lemon juice
sprinkle lemon pepper (optional - it is good with or without)

Directions:Turn oven on to broil, and put one oven rack in the middle and one rack at the top right below the heating unit thing.
Make sure your talipa is thawed. Place talipa on a broiler pan (or any thick pan that won't bend under high heat). Use regular black pepper and pepper both sides. Mix together room temp butter, cheese, lemon juice and lemon pepper. Spread the mixture over the talipa evenly.

Broil for 4-6 minutes on the top shelf of oven until cheese is lightly browned. If your talipa is thicker than 1/4 inch, lower the talipa to the middle shelf and turn oven to 300 degrees. Leave talipa in for about 10 more minutes to make sure it is done all the way through.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

So I tried this last night and you're so right, I don't like fish and this was really really good!

Sally said...

This looks really, super good. I want to try it but I will have to cook about 3000 fillets because I think my kids will go crazy for them.

KrysJo said...

Leslie- I'm glad you like it!

Sally- just make lots of rice and veggies first so they fill up on those!

Related Posts with Thumbnails